Zeon’s purchase department forms an integral part of overall customer service excellence. Through years of experience in the industry, we have developed strong relationships with a variety of quality suppliers. Each material sourcing at Zeon is done with utmost care of specifications and quality requirements. Vendor validation process at the company is done jointly by purchase, quality assurance, quality control, and production departments to ensure a complete evaluation and audit of the vendor.
The purchase team strives for the following:
- To maintain uninterrupted flow of materials to support the development and production schedules.
- To procure materials economically at a cost consistent with the quality and service required.
- To develop and maintain good buyer-seller relationships.
- To maintain organization’s reputation and credibility in the market by fair dealings and prompt payments.
The functions performed by the purchase team are as follows:
- Procurement of materials through indigenous and foreign sources as required.
- Checking of requisitions/purchase indents.
- Selection of suppliers for issue of enquiries.
- Issuing enquiries/tenders and obtaining quotations.
- Analyzing quotations and bids etc., and preparation of comparative statement (quotation charts).
- Consultation with the Indenter for selection and approval of quotations.
- Consultation with quality assurance, quality control and accounts for audit.
- Negotiating contracts.
- Checking legal conditions of contracts.
- Issue of purchase orders.
- Follow-up of purchase orders for delivery.
- Verification and passing of suppliers’ bills to see that payments are made promptly.
- Correspondence and dealing with suppliers, carriers etc., regarding shortages, rejections etc.
- Maintenance of purchase records.
- Maintenance of progressive expenditure statement, sub-head wise.
- Maintenance of vendor performance records/data.
- Arrangement for Insurance Surveys, as and when necessary.
- Clearance of foreign consignments.